Kyocera Document Solutions Europe, proudly accepted the European Digital Press Association (EDP) award for their latest revolutionary inkjet production printing device: the TASKalfa Pro 15000c late last year.
In December 2020, EDP Awards were handed over for the 14th successive year in an online presentation to a total of 29 winners. The EDP Awards are Europe's only technology assessment in the industry and is an open competition for all products announced and launched to market within a year. The winners are selected by a commission of experts (the EDP Technical Committee), which evaluate the submitted products according to criteria such as innovation, quality, performance and cost. Due to this strict criterion, no public votes are permissible as the judging criteria is technical and not popularity based. This way, the EDP guarantees that the manufacturers' achievements in developing new technologies are recognised.
Being a new entrant to this industry and getting acknowledged by a panel of experts from the publishing industry pays testament to the fact that we are on the right path of technological innovation with this inkjet device,” says Greg Griffith, Hardware Product Manager at Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa.
29 proud winners
This year a total of 29 winners were recipients of the EDP Awards. Products of the five main categories were awarded: Software/Hardware, Print (Large and Wide Format and Commercial), Industrial Solutions, Finishing and Consumables.
The EDP awards are evaluated in many ways. Importantly, it is not only the device or software itself that is a noteworthy consideration, but also the impact of the product on people and users. The impact such technological innovations have made in the marketplace du e to technology and integration has become an important factor of the 2020 awards.
The TASKalfa Pro 15000c was unveiled in South Africa at an online launch in August 2020.
“This EDP award highlights what we know to be true. The product offers more than just quality, but also reliability and environmental sustainability, which is at the heart of Kyocera’s philosophy.” concludes Griffith.
Technical highlights of TASKalfa Pro 15000c:
· Unrivalled ROI: Market-leading reliability and ease-of-maintenance
· Designed for various printing needs: Up to 1 million prints per month in A4.
· Scalability: Modular design allows for different scales, with storage for 14,310 sheets.
· Speed: 150 prints per minute on A4.
· Always ready to print: Just 5.5 seconds to first print.
· Versatility: Personalise your documents and finishing options on paper up to 360g/m2.
· Optimised maintenance: Users are able to replace parts easily themselves, removing the need for regular technician visits.
· Low environmental impact: Low average energy usage of just 1.5 KwH for the standard configuration with several environmental certifications, such as Energy Star, EPEAT, RoHS and EcoMark.