With just two weeks to go to 2020's first major musical festival in Johannesburg, the countdown to the highly anticipated second annual Cotton Fest has officially begun.
Showcasing over 100 unique acts performing on different stages, Cotton Fest is a celebration of music and fashion. Merging both known and unknown South African talent, the festival platforms the diverse elements of the hiphop culture, while fusing the gaps within the popular local movements in Mzansi.
Taking place at The Station in central Johannesburg on the first day of February, the festival is set to attract over 8 000 youngsters.
The Station is currently being upgraded for the 2020 edition of the festival to accommodate the expected crowd, in addition to housing the first-of-its-kind stage and offer a safer festival experience for all attendees.
Exciting new elements of the Festival this year include:
- A FIRST OF ITS KIND IN SA STAGE – Newly produced roofing and staging structure which will includes a 30m (wide) x 10m (high) stage. Production is set to reveal the headline artists in a powerful dramatic way
- 16 unique food stalls
- Branded Sneaker activations
- Other dynamic installations
- Additional Security and SAP presence
- Wider safety perimeter across the venue with official road closures
Tickets now on sale at Webtickets and Pick n Pay outlets nationwide.
COTTON FEST INFORMATION
Date: Saturday, 1st February 2020
Venue: The Station (Carr Street & Nelson Mandela Bridge, Newtown, JHB)