This season, it’s back to basics with a focus on providing customers the best of quality lingerie at the most competitive value for money. Ackermans is leading this trend in South Africa, with a selection of appealing comfort-first bras for every summer occasion.
Senior lingerie buyer at Ackermans, Marchelle Whitebread, says, “A top trend we are seeing in 2023 when it comes to lingerie purchase considerations is comfort as a main priority with an emphasis on lingerie that empowers women. Whether you are wanting to look great for your partner or just feel good about yourself, as a woman you want to be comfortable because comfort allows you to be confident.”
Whitebread adds that there is a global body positive movement of women loving and accepting their bodies, which has had a profound impact on the lingerie space. Women are seeking lingerie that supports and helps them feel confident in celebrating their beautiful shapes and sizes. This is reflected in the latest summer trends, which are all about comfort with shapewear that provides a slight lift with appropriate support for the body.
Here are the 5 top lingerie trends identified by Ackermans and how women can make them their own:
- The period panty mega movement: Period panties are popping up everywhere as part of a selection of menstrual products to educate and support period talk. When it’s that time of the month, women want maxim comfort and that’s what these basics are all about.
- Wire-free wonder: Keeping on with the comfort trend, there’s a big focus on wire-free bras with light padding for gentle lift and support. The wire-free T-shirt bra is a firm favourite this season.
- Bright to delight: Shapewear basics are popping up in an assortment of shades, including light blues, pinks, and bolder shades.
- Boyshorts are big: Boyshorts are also up-trending in seamless, micro-fibre and ribbed cotton fabrics, to be worn as intimates and lounge/ sleepwear.
- Bodywear as outerwear: Bra tops worn with cycle shorts and cute ‘camis’ are very hot this summer.
Ackermans has a bra to fit every summer occasion. Pop on a strapless multiway bra at the beach, wear a seam-free bra with a summer dress at brunch, use a balconette bra for extra support and the ultimate lift as you dance from dusk until dawn this summer.
Whitebread asserts, “Ackermans is committed to empowering women to feel their most confident selves this summer season. We have a wide selection of beautiful bras in multiple styles and great quality and great prices from R79.95 on single bras. Wherever your summer takes you, we have your perfect fit.”