Since the onset of the COVID-19 global pandemic, South Africans’ stress levels have gone through the roof, increasing by a staggering 56%.1
While we can't always change what's happening in the world around us, we can change the way we react. The good news is that there are steps you can take to relieve the pressure and regain control.2
Stress is how the brain and body respond to any demand or challenge. Any type of challenge can be stressful.3 However, chronic stress can affect your health because the body never receives a clear signal to return to normal functioning. Some people may experience digestive symptoms, headaches, sleeplessness, sadness, anger, or irritability.4
Over time, continued stress may contribute to serious health problems, such as heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, or mental disorders.4
Effective stress management helps you break the hold stress has on your life so that you can be happier, healthier, and more productive.2
Here are four daily routines to improve your health and wellness and get your happy vibes back!
Be an Anonymous Angel, donate HERE
Clean Living & Healthy Choices
While the occasional doughnut and bar of chocolate might give you a quick sugar fix and make you feel happy, it won't do much in terms of long-term stress relief. A balanced diet can help your body cope with the harmful consequences of stress. By lowering oxidation and inflammation, as well as assisting in the reduction of weight gain, a nutritious diet provides a stable, long-lasting basis for your body.4
Get Enough Sleep
A good night's sleep helps you deal with the stress of the day more effectively.5 You're less patient and more easily upset when you're fatigued, which can lead to increased stress. The average adult needs about eight hours of sleep per night so make those zzzzs.5
In a time where human contact is limited and, in some cases, impossible, your mental health can take a hard knock. Talking about your feelings on Skype, zoom, or phone, might help you cope with difficult situations.
We all become overwhelmed at times by how we're feeling or when things don't go as planned. Ask for help if things are getting too much for you and if you don't think you can handle it on your own.6
Including CBD in your routine
How does CBD work to relieve stress? It is reported to alleviate symptoms associated with stress9 and may improve sleep disturbances associated with stress.7
The ADCO CBD product range is formulated with a variety of ingredients that work together to help improve your health and wellness.
The range comprises of ADCO CBD DAILY8 and ADCO CBD STRESS9, available in drops, and a capsule form. The ADCO CBD PAIN10 products are produced in drops, capsules, and gel form.
Trusted, reliable, reputable ADCO CBD products are available from the ADCO CBD online store as well as independent pharmacies and selected Clicks and Dis-Chem stores.
Pharma Dynamics. South Africans’ stress levels have shot up by 56% since start of pandemic according to survey. November 2020. Access date : 27 August 2021
2. Stress Management – Help Guide. Authors: Lawrence Robinson, Melinda Smith, M.A., and Robert Segal, M.A. September 2020. Access date : 27 August 2021.
3. Written by the National Institute of Mental Health – 5 things you should know about stress. Publication No. 19-MH-8109. [cited 2020 Feb 10]; Access date : 27 August 2021.
Matthew J. Kuchan, Ph.D for Abbott. In Need of Stress Relief? The Answer Might Be in Your Diet. Mar 21, 2018. Access date : 27 August 2021.
5. WebMD Medical Reference Reviewed by Jennifer Casarella, MD on December 14, 2019. Tips to Reduce Stress and Sleep Better. Access date : 27 August 2021.
6. Booklet written by The Mental Health Foundation, UK. How to look after your mental health. Access date : 30 September 2021.
7. Pisanti S, Malfitano AM, Ciaglia E, et al. Cannabidiol: State of the art and new challenges for therapeutic applications. Pharmacol Ther July 2017;175:133-150.
8. ADCO CBD Daily. Professional information leaflet. 9 December 2019.
9. ADCO CBD Stress. Professional information leaflet. 25 November 2019.
10. ADCO CBD Pain. Professional information leaflet. 25 November 2019.
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends