MasterDrive’s Fleet Safety Awards in partnership with Santam and Castrol concluded yesterday on a high note.
Image supplied by MasterDrive South Africa
South African fleet managers, companies and drivers were all awarded for their success in promoting road safety. Cash prizes ranging between R5 000 and R40 000 were won by top placing entrants along with certificates, trophies and other prizes.
The CEO of MasterDrive, Eugene Herbert, gives his congratulations to each person and organisation that no only succeeded in the Awards but all that entered as well.
“A huge congratulations is owed to everyone that gives road safety the priority it should receive in order to change South Africa’s road fatality rate. If you were recognised as one of the top placing entrants, may you contribute to changing South Africa’s roads through the example you set."
“Each of the top placing entrants received physical recognition of their achievement through the awarding of certificates while the overall winner also won a trophy. The top three Road Warriors and the Best Fleet Managers powered by Michelin Connected Fleet received Advanced Driver Training sponsored by Castrol, R5 000 and R10 00, with the top ten in the latter group winning fleet management courses from Fleetbase. The overall winner in these two categories also received a further R25 000 and R30 000 each.”
Congratulations to the following winners:
Best Truck Stop
- Highway Junction
- 1st Unitrans
- 2nd Dawn Trucking
- 3rd Goldfields Logistics
- Light Commercial Vehicle Category: Andrea Richter from Bartley Thomas Motsoeneng
- Medium Commercial Vehicle Category: William Ntete from Airliquide
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle Category: JJ Scholtz from Goldfields Logistics
- Overall winner of the Road Warrior Award: JJ Scholtz from Goldfields
- Light Commercial Vehicle Category: VitalAire Logistics
- Medium Commercial Vehicle Category: Unitrans
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle Category: Imperial Logistics
- Overall winner: Imperial Logistics
Best Fleet Manager powered by Michelin Connected Fleet
- Light Commercial Vehicle Category: Nandipha Ntlokwana from VitalAire Logistics
- Medium Commercial Vehicle Category: Jonathan Mphake from SBV
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle Category: Edward Hoffman from Imperial Logistics
- Overall winner of the Best Fleet Manager Award: Edward Hoffman from Imperial Logistics
To all those who achieved one of the coveted spots, your position is well earned and deserved.
“It was with the support of all our partners that the Awards saw growth not just in the number of entries received and the eager anticipation to attend the events but, in the opportunity to introduce more categories and through levelling out the playing field even more by separating vehicle classes."
“MasterDrive gives sincere congratulations to each finalist, and in particular, the top placing entrants. Each individual and organisation illustrated their commitment to and passion for road safety and displayed themselves as a leader in changing the current situation on our roads. You deserve the honour of being recognised at the Fleet Safety Awards and we invite you to continue promoting road safety!”
The support of our dedicated partners made the Awards an even greater success.
“Each partner embraced the Fleet Safety Awards and its potential to improve road safety in South Africa with as much enthusiasm and commitment as what MasterDrive does. It is a privilege to work with those committed to road safety and we anticipate furthering the Fleet Safety Awards with you by our side.”
“Lastly, thank you to the judges, presenters and, of course, the attendees. It shows the dedication individuals and organisations have to improving road safety. It is a humbling experience, indicative of the desire to bring about real change to the state of our roads. We look forward to the 2024 Fleet Safety Awards,”