No one knows exactly where the idea to “live your best life” originated, or who the first person was to use this phrase.
It might have started with Oprah Winfrey during one of her TV shows, which focused on encouraging people to live more balanced lives.
Whatever its origin, this trendy phrase is often used by people to describe what they’re doing to live a better quality of life, from exercising to meditating, eating well and, of course, having adventures.
Given that most of us find ourselves living and working in urban jungles, Nissan South Africa compiled this handy list to remind you of how the “city-proof” new Nissan Qashqai can help you live your best life.
- Learn to say no. If you’re the type of person who always says yes to everything everyone asks you to do, you’re going to burn out. It’s okay for you to opt out of your book club, for example, to spend time getting away from everything in your Nissan Qashqai.
- Become organised. We’re not suggesting that you draw up an hourly schedule for every single day, however, taking time to organise your life and activities means you won’t suffer from the anxiety of possibly being late for important meetings, or events. Sure, your exceedingly capable Nissan Qashqai can help you get out of tricky situations, but you should put a little time into planning because it’s a great way to avoid stress.
- Spend money wisely. While it’s important to save money, it’s equally important to spend on high-quality products when you need to. The Qashqai is the best-selling crossover in Europe because of it’s Nissan Intelligent Mobility technology, its premium features and its versatility. It also has a class-leading 6-year/150,000km warranty and a comprehensive 3-year/90,000km service plan. The Qashqai is also exceptionally fuel efficient and this will help you save a significant amount of money over the years.
- Make chores fun. Whenever you have to do tedious tasks, try to make them fun. Park your Qashqai a little distance away from the shop entrance when you’re buying groceries so that you can squeeze in a short walking workout to and from your car. The Qashqai is perfectly city-proof and you’ll therefore be able to tackle the pot-holes at the back of the parking lot.
- Stop feeling guilty. Don’t feel bad about making decisions that have a positive impact on your health and wellbeing. Yes, your Qashqai is a sophisticated crossover, but you might feel a tad rueful about buying an SUV and you shouldn’t because it’s a multipurpose vehicle that has more than one function.
- Take time-outs. Take a break from hanging out with people at work, your family, and even your friends. Get into your always-ready-for-adventure Qashqai, settle into its plush seats and go on a long drive by yourself.
- Don’t apologise for being smart. Have the confidence to speak up and show off your talents when you need to. You drive a new Qashqai that’s equipped with several smart features, so take a cue from your car and show how smart you are.
- Take care of your belongings. Show your beautifully designed Qashqai a little love by ensuring it’s serviced according to its schedule and it will last a long time. Your city-proof Qashqai effortlessly deals with everything from crazy taxi drivers to tons of traffic, so give it a time-out every so often. This rule applies to all your treasured possessions.
- Take one step at a time. Yes, it’s a cliché, but it’s worth repeating. When life gets difficult, as it often does, focus on what you have to do from one moment to the next instead of getting stressed out about the future. Take a break in your comfy Qashqai for a few minutes and breath.
- Meditate. You don’t have to fork out thousands of bucks to sit with a guru on a mountain-top to learn how to meditate. There are free meditation courses across South Africa and there are guided meditation tutorials on YouTube, so you have no excuse not to learn. And the Qashqai’s noise, vibration and harshness levels have been reduced, so if you need to meditate in your crossover, you can, but obviously not while you’re driving.