The Polk story began in the early 1970s, when a few friends from Johns Hopkins University, with a passion for sound—and music on their mind, set out to capture the wonder of the live concert experience and bring it home. Matt Polk and his close-knit crew of rock 'n roll mad scientists left an indelible mark on the world. What started as a garage project in an old Victorian rooming house in Baltimore, Maryland, quickly became a legacy that never wavered from its original vision: Searching out new solutions in high-fidelity sound, while engineering reliable speakers to span the generations.
Polk knows sound. It's their only focus. Their intention is to always uphold the principles of a real HiFi. Great sound for everyone.
- Improves Sound Quality by Minimizing Resonance - Dynamic Balance
- Advanced analysis of a speaker's entire electroacoustic and mechanical system that helps in the selection of better materials and more efficient geometry to build more realistic-sounding loudspeakers
- Renders Surround Sound from One Location - SDA
- Patented technology cancels out all destructive cross channel interference within the speaker to maintain an expansive soundstage and wide stereo image, while enhancing the overall three-dimensional sound experience.
- Broadens Soundstage for Smaller Speakers - Wide Dispersion Array
- Produces a wide, enveloping soundstage that’s tuned specifically for minimum cabinet size.
- Patented Port Geometry Increases Bass Without Distortion - Power Port
- Dramatically reduces port air turbulence for greater bass impact and lower distortion with less amplifier power.
- Patented Crossover Technology Creates A Wider Sweet Spot - Cascade Crossover
- Removes unwanted interference in the speaker array for a seamless, lifelike soundstage no matter where you're sitting in the room.
- Controls Dialogue Volume Levels - Voice Adjust
- Isolate and adjust the voice channel level to reproduce clear, crisp dialogue and never miss a single word of your favourite movie, TV show or sporting event with this patented technology.
The range includes:
- Home Audio Speakers
- Architectural Speakers
- Wireless Audio
Enjoying Polk’s rich, warm, lifelike sound means you get a look that embodies those same qualities. Rounded forms, natural tones, plush leathers, machined metals, resonance-free enclosures, high-performance composites, and other hand-selected speaker materials, keep inviting you back with every listen, reflecting a history rooted in mid-century American design.
A Genuine Approach. The Look That Loves You Back. The Sound Masters.