Why does anyone need a reason when it comes to chocolate and coffee?!
“If there is one event that every coffee or chocolate lover is sure to attend – it’s the annual Coffee and Chocolate Experience. From beans to grounds to Fairtrade, from truffles to slabs to bars, it’s a delectable dream with endless opportunities to sip, sample and sigh with sheer satisfaction.” Beyers
The Coffee & Chocolate Expo returns once again this year, 2016, bringing an opportunity to sample some of SA’s finest coffee and chocolate delights with several themed areas to create both a visual and sensory experience. Already hit Durban at the Suncoast Casino at the end of April and beginning of May, Johannesburg can expect the Expo to arrive at the Monte Casino from the 14th to 17th July and Cape Town can await the sweet experience in September at the Green Point Cricket Club. The Key sponsors for 2016 are Delonghi, Beyers Chocolates and Espresto.
Visitors to the show can learn tips, techniques and the latest trends from the masters on how to create their own chocolate and coffee treats, put their taste buds to action or simply unwind in an atmosphere that is synonymous with relaxation.
This year’s event will feature chocolate workshop theatres hosted by Master Chocolatier, Kees Beyers and his skilled team. Beyers Chocolates, the only chocolate company with a factory based in South Africa, is renowned for using only the finest imported ingredients in its products. From their Art of Chocolate range to the popular Amarula chocolates and much-loved Sweetie Pie, Beyers has been delighting South African chocoholics for almost three decades.
The themed areas at the Coffee & Chocolate Expo include:
- The Steampunk Experience, home of their Coffee Theatre brought to you by De’Longhi. Watch how to make a great cup of coffee whilst using the trendiest and innovative Coffee machines known to mankind. This is where you can become an instant Coffee Snob, by learning the history and origins from Bean to Cup.
- Mardi Gras Experience, an area that hosts a visionary sensation of Coffee & Chocolate and is home to their famous Pairing Theatre, pairing whiskey, wine, liqueurs with chocolate. Sample, taste and celebrate all things delicious and decadent!
- The Daily News section, home of their Chocolate Workshop, brought to you by Beyers Chocolates. Take a seat and chill whilst learning about all chocolate culinary delights with your favourite chef. This experience is innovative, mind-blowing and keeps you on point on the latest Chocolate trends. The Beyers chocolate theatres reveal the secrets of making world-class chocolate treats, the art of tempering chocolate, and how to make chocolate decorations like an expert. The six daily workshops can accommodate only forty people at a time and members of the public are strongly advised to book early. Beyers is adamant that anyone can learn how to work with chocolate, “You don’t need special equipment or training – our workshops are designed to teach you how to whip up amazing things in your own kitchen in no time at all.” The Beyers Chocolates stand will be stocked with their full range of products including all the ingredients used in their chocolate workshop demos.
- The Home Barista Jam brought to you by Espresto, watch as contestants battle against each other to create their famous Coffee Signature drink. An opportunity for the up and coming coffee connoisseurs to win the R10 000 prize for being SA’s #1 Home Barista!
- Cocoa Mokka Music Lounge, Celebrating SA’s up and coming artists headlined by The Motherland Band amongst many others, whilst listening to vibey sounds or simply chilling with friends and family sipping on your favourite Chocolate drink or Coffee. Bands like Gangs of Ballet, Monark, Graeme Watkins Project will be entertaining visitors.
- Pallet Point is the gorgeous hip and happening area that is guaranteed to make any coffee and chocolate lover chill out and relax with these two fine tastes.
Indulge your passion for all things cocoa and coffee and don't miss out on the experience!