Recipe for Tomato & Apple Soup
Image supplied by Granny Mouse Country House & Spa
Recipe provided by Granny Mouse Country House & Spa
· 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· ½ large yellow onion minced
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· 5 large ripe soft tomatoes
· 2 large sweet apples peeled and roughly chopped
· 4 cups vegetable broth
· 2 teaspoon turmeric powder
· 1 teaspoon dill
· Pinch of salt
· Pinch of Cayenne pepper
· pecorino cheese if desired and to taste
· Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat.
· Add minced onion and garlic, and cook for few minutes, stirring often until onion is translucent.
· Add roughly chopped tomatoes and apples.
· Sprinkle with salt.
· Cook stirring often for 20 minutes until apples are tender.
· Pour in the boiled vegetable broth.
· Bring all to a boil.
· Remove from the heat.
· Puree in blender until very smooth.
· To serve, garnish the soup with grated cheese
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends