Springbok Rugby Player Cheslin Kolbe, features on latest edition of new Rugby 22 Playstation Game!
Listen up, gaming and rugby enthusiasts, because the world of rugby video gameplay is about to get even more interesting with the release of RUGBY 22 and it features non-other than our own Springbok rugby player, Cheslin Kolbe on the cover!
Be an Anonymous Angel, donate HERE
The latest edition of this popular game hits the local entertainment scene today, 28 January 2022.
“It is always particularly special, and we are proud to have one of our local stars get the global recognition by featuring prominently in such a prestigious gaming entertainment product as Rugby 22 is”,
says Mario dos Santos – Chief Executive Officer of GameFinity South Africa.
About the fact that he features on the cover of an international PlayStation game, Cheslin says:
“It is a massive privilege to be on the cover of Rugby22. I never thought I'd be on the cover of a rugby game at all! I have always seen and played previous games with other players on. It is super special and I can't wait to start playing!"
NACON and Eko Software are also pleased to unveil the launch trailer for RUGBY 22, the new opus of the reference franchise of ovalie, to celebrate its release today on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. All the ingredients that make up the identity of the sport are brought together for a total immersion of the oval ball fans!
New major national teams are entering the RUGBY license for the first time, including the Wallabies, the official Australian team, and the New Zealand All Blacks, famous both for their competitive record and for the aura that accompanies them! The latter, in addition to the French team, have been selected by the studio for a first step towards photogrammetry technology, allowing the players' faces to be represented as faithfully as possible in the game.
A true simulation, RUGBY 22 offers players all the elements that make up modern rugby: recognized official teams, tactical changes before and during the match, pod play options, post-contact passing and combinations. All rugby fans will find the fundamentals of the sport in the game.
Good news for PlayStation and Xbox players: to ease the transition to the next generation consoles, a special offer has been put in place. Until April 28, 2022, purchasing and activating the PS4 version of the game will also unlock the PS5 version for free. The same goes for the Xbox One version if you get it on the Microsoft Store, which will unlock the Xbox Series X|S version for free.
Reminder of RUGBY 22 features:
- Play with your favourite team - RUGBY 22 features the vast majority of the major national teams, with their players and official jerseys: New Zealand, Australia, France, Fiji,
Ireland, Italy, Scotland, Wales, Japan and Georgia.
- Take the field, alone or with others - Play alone or in multiplayer, locally and online, through different modes to play with friends or let matchmaking find you an opponent!
- Discover Career Mode - Create your own club in Career Mode, climb the ranks, build your dream team and compete with the best teams in the world!
- Play like the pros - Enjoy an increasingly realistic rugby simulation with real tactical depth. Play as a pod, set your wing positions, define your defense, and make clever combinations to get the better of your opponent.
- Authentic experience - RUGBY 22 offers a real rugby experience with photogrammetry to represent the star players and animations that are as close as possible to the real players' movements thanks to motion capture technology, all in the rugby style for an intense experience.
- Practice - With new in-game tutorials, learn the basics of the sport and practice to become the best player!
NACON is a company of the BIGBEN Group founded in 2019 to optimize its know-how through strong synergies in the video game market. By bringing together its 14 development studios, the publishing of AA video games, the design and distribution of premium gaming devices, NACON focuses 20 years of expertise at the service of players. This new unified business unit strengthens NACON's position in the market and enables it to innovate by creating new unique competitive advantages.
About Eko Software
Established in 1999, Eko Software is an independent game developer and publisher based in Paris, France. Eko Software develops games for all major gaming platforms (consoles, PC, Smart TVs). Focused primarily on development and content creation, the company develops games for top publishers and creates new IPs that are published in partnership with worldwide publishers or self-published through digital distribution channels. IPs created by Eko include Aqua Panic!, Wanted Corp., SPRay, and How to Survive.
Like its predecessors, Rugby 18 and Rugby 20, the new version offers an exciting interactive experience, but with a few vast improvements to make the game even more authentic.
The game will be released for PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S & Xbox One, and will be available from selected retailers, including BT Games, Game4u, Koodoo, Nexus Hub and Raru.
RUGBY 22 offers total rugby, combining tactics and intensity through gameplay that stays true to the sport. It is locally distributed by GameFinity Pty (Ltd.).
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for more Technology
CLICK HERE for more Sport
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends