In celebration of 21 years, LGESA gives more to its consumers
Today, LG Electronics (LG) South Africa announced its annual Free Service Day 2018– for all South Africans on 12 and 13 October 2018, between 09:00 and 16:00 daily.
“The one of a kind industry event has previously attracted many interested and current consumers, industry insiders and journalists who want to keep their LG appliance and electronics in tip-top condition”,
says Mr. CY Kim, Managing Director of LG Electronics South Africa.
Customers have been encouraged to visit one of the participating service centres to get their LG products serviced or re-paired for free!
“This is another way in which we are showcasing our intense commitment to deliver professional services at no cost to the consumer,”
said Mr Kim.
“We are thrilled to have our professional team of maintenance professionals available at the various locations giving industry recommendations towards the ultimate care for appliances and electronics.”
Participating service centres will be the drop off zones to qualify for the Free Service Day:
- Johannesburg : Xecutronix, Unit 4, 16 Drakensburg Road, Long Meadow West, JHB, 011 524 0764
- Cape Town: LGWC, Unit 1, 25 Palmiet Street, Stikland, Bellville, 7530
- Durban : IRS Tronics, Unit 9B Kyalami Industrial Park, 26 Kyalami Road, Westmead, Pinetown, 031 700 6305
- T’s & C’s apply: https://www.lg.com/za/promotions/FreeServiceDay2018
Free Service Day Exclusions
The service will include all mechanical failures, excluding the below:
- Projectors : lamps
- Audio Systems : Remote control, speakers
- Microwaves : internal accessories, glass plates, ring, racks
- Dish washer : internal accessories, racks and dividers
- Washing machines : Filters, outer drum
- Tumble dryers : Shoe Rack, filters
- Fridges : Internal accessories, baskets and shelves
- LCD/LED, Plasma TV’s : cracked screens, remote controls, magic remote controls and foot stands.
- Laptops, Hard Drives, Mobile phones (selected models), tablets, Monitor (computer) AC Adapters.
- Air conditioners, VCR, DVD recorders, vacuum cleaners.
- Products will not be repaired or replaced in the following instances:
a. Items that have had their serial number removed or tampered with, units that have been opened and tampered with or parts missing from the units, physical damage, misuse, replacement of damaged cosmetic parts, paint peeling, unit rusting, cockroach or ant infestation, any damage due to rodents.
b. Where parts are obsolete /or discontinued.
c. All cross border /or imported products that were not manufactured or sold in the LG Electronics South Africa region or sold by its local subsidiary. ONLY LGESA registered serial numbers will be accepted for the free service.
- LG shall utilise all reasonable precautions to ensure that all participants’ personal information is kept safe and secure during the Free Service Day and shall dispose of such information thereafter.
- Neither LG nor any other person or party associated with this Free Service Day, their associated companies, agents, contractors and sponsors and any of its personnel involved in this Free Service Day, shall be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from participation in this Free Service Day.
- LG reserves the right to amend, cancel, terminate or alter this Free Service Day immediately and without notice in the event that the Free Service Day is held to be or becomes unlawful. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against LG and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against LG.
- To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
a. LG shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss and/ or damage incurred or suffered (including but not limited to direct or indirect or consequential loss), death or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from participation in the Free Service Day.
b. LG may in their sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on the LG’s website www.lg.com/za The onus rests on the participant to constantly check the website for updates to the terms and conditions.
- The Free Service Day is governed by these terms and conditions
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Free Service Day shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- If part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
a. It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
b. It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing 75,000 people working in 118 locations around the world. With 2016 global sales of USD 47.9 billion (KRW 55.4 trillion), LG comprises four business units ― Home Appliance & Air Solutions, Mobile Communications, Home Entertainment and Vehicle Components ― and is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com