It’s time for a well-deserved family vacation at the end of a very difficult year, and as part of Ugu South Coast Tourism (USCT)’s Thokozela Ihlobo!
Celebrate Summer campaign, they have made a plan for tourists to enjoy a hassle-free holiday in the Paradise of the Zulu Kingdom, simply by using the free ‘Explore KZN South Coast’ app.
“We know that holiday-seekers want to enjoy some relaxation and fun, in a safe and convenient manner,”
said CEO of Ugu South Coast Tourism (USCT), Phelisa Mangcu.
“This is why we’ve ensured our ‘Explore KZN South Coast’ app has all the updated tourism information, making it a one-stop holiday planning destination. All our tourism establishments within the KZN South Coast are ready to welcome visitors with the relevant COVID-19 safety protocols in place.”
KZN South Coast – a holiday for every taste
No matter what the holiday preference or budget, the KZN South Coast is able to cater to all tastes, with visitors able to find exactly what they need directly on the ‘Explore KZN South Coast’ app.
· Outdoor fun: From the Blue Flag Beaches, rivers and dams, through to the countless nature and game reserves across coastal forests, wetlands, grasslands, gorges and cliffs, there is so much to be explored within the KZN South Coast. Hiking, mountain biking and 4x4 trails abound, with kayaking, surfing, SUP, surfing, and more – there’s lots of outdoor fun to be had!
· Child-friendly activities: In addition to the natural wonders and safe swimming tidal pools, children have endless entertainment within the KZN South Coast. There are many conservation centres for animal encounters, boat rides for dolphin and whale watching, butterfly farms, as well as many children’s play areas.
· Rest and relaxation: The many yoga and wellness retreats within the natural splendour are a great way to rejuvenate the soul. Otherwise visitors can soak up the sun on golden sandy beaches, sip cocktails while overlooking the ocean, or unwind in a coastal forest resort.
· Extreme activities: Those wanting to get the heart pumping have found the right place. For motor enthusiasts, the Dezzi Raceway is the only MSA-approved racing track in KZN, while shark diving and freediving are favourite pastimes here. Wild 5 Adventures has the world’s highest gorge swing, ziplining, abseiling, white water rafting and the suspension bridge to try out.
· Golf retreat: ‘The Golf Coast’ has 11 immaculate, oceanside golf courses, ranging in difficulty for everyone from the novice to avid golfer. From the 18-hole championship course at San Lameer, to the captivating scenery of the Scottburgh Country Club semi-links course, there is a green for every golfer.
· Culture and heritage: The area is rich in local culture and heritage. The world’s smallest desert – Red Desert – is an archaeological site, with 90-million-year-old fossil beds found beneath the waters at Trafalgar Beach. KwaXolo Caves Adventures give visitors a chance to discover ancient San paintings, while local heritage can be experienced at KwaNzimakwe Multi-trails and Ntelezi Msani Heritage Site. Port Edward also has the Sao Joao Portuguese Monument, erected in commemoration of those who died during the 1552 Sao Joao shipwreck, just off the coast.
· Retail therapy: For the more sophisticated leisure-seeker, the KZN South Coast has many luxury resorts and hotels with a wide variety of retail offerings, from the high-quality local crafts, such as Polka.dot.coco, through to bigger retail operations at the many shopping centres and malls.
App categories to check out
Whatever the holiday package desired, visitors are able to navigate the ‘Explore KZN South Coast’ app to find everything for holiday planning and booking. The categories include:
· See and Do – Find all the top activities and sites, from fishing charters and shark cage diving to picnic lookout points set in picturesque wilderness.
· Eat - The KZN South Coast’s culinary experts offer a range of delectable options, from freshly-caught seafood and specialty pastas to staple, on-the-go burgers.
· Sleep – Quality service and stunning venues can be found in these accommodation listings offering everything from backpackers through to top hotels and resorts.
· Shop – Whether it’s simple grocery shopping or high-end retail therapy, this list has it all.
· Must see attractions – There are many KZN South Coast ‘bucket list’ attractions to be explored.
· Visitor and business services - Need a car wash? Or a taxi? This category has all the additional services to make the holiday go according to plan.
Simply download the free ‘Explore KZN South Coast’ app on the Google play store or Apple store for the ultimate December adventure guide!
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends
CLICK HERE for the latest Travel News