Some of us had the luxury of “stretching the waist band”, but the reality is, money is tight and we need to find ways of “budgeting our bucks”!
Shopping may be important to us because it gives us a means of escaping whatever stress we carry with us, or it can even be for enjoyment to make ourselves happy. It's the best form of putting ourselves first and the best way to cheer ourselves up!
The main reason shopping malls are so popular is that they are very convenient. Most of them include the main necessities with everything from clothing stores, food, and household goods - from the bedroom to the bathroom. Not every shopping mall is the same, but they all basically offer the same things.
Studies have shown that shopping actually causes your brain to release more Serotonin, which is a chemical that makes you feel good! The next time you are having a bad day, maybe you can seek a mood boost with a little shopping, at one of your favourite local shopping centres, where one doesn’t have to worry about parking facilities, and you have a wide variety of products/ shops available all under one roof.
Springfield Retail Centre, situated in Springfield Park, Granada Square in Umhlanga and Park Boulevard, located in Durban North, offer a wide variety of shops that will leave you spoilt for choice and convenience.
Before heading out to any of these Centres, here are some tips to consider to stretch your money while you are stretching your legs looking for bargain buys:
- Use cash and not cards (where you can)
- If you're unsure, sleep on it
- Don't shop on your payday as this is when we overspend
- Buy the best you can afford (and take care of it)
- Always know what you’re paying for (check your receipt)
- Shop around within the Centre to look for bargains
- Make a list and stick to it
- Put things into perspective and skip out on clothing trends and rather purchase timeless items
- Visit www.springfieldretailcentre.co.za, www.granadasquare.co.za and www.parkboulevard.co.za, to see the shop offerings or follow them on social media in order to find out about discount specials from their respective tenants.
Lastly and more importantly, follow all COVID-19 protocols as a safe shopper is a happy shopper!
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends
CLICK HERE for the latest Travel News