Enjoy this Recipe for Artichoke Soup
Recipe provided by Granny Mouse Country House & Spa
· 800g tined artichoke
· 3 white onions diced
· 100g butter
· 3 large potatoes roughly chopped
· 2 large carrots chopped3 cloves of garlic
· 3 sticks of celery chopped
· 3l veg stock
· 100ml double cream
· Salt and pepper to taste
· In a heavy based pot.
· Melt the butter on medium heat.
· Add the onions and celery and sauté until the onions become soft and translucent.
· Add the carrots, potatoes and garlic.
· Continue to cook for about 5 min.
· Pour in the stock, turn the heat up until it begins to rapidly boil, then turn it down till it becomes a gentle simmer.
· Once cooked for almost an hour with the lid off, add the artichokes minus the brine.
· Continue to cook for a further 15 min, adding more stock if needed.
· Remove from the stove and blend the soup until it is smooth.
· Pass the soup through a fine sieve.
· Once done. Heat up the soup with some cream, add salt and pepper to taste before you serve.
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends