Healthy Snack Bars by A Tale of Sauce and Spice
1 cup almonds
1 cup cashews
½ cup hazelnuts
½ cup mixed seeds
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup dried cranberries
Chia seeds and more cranberries for garnish
Be an Anonymous Angel, donate HERE
½ cup honey
⅓ cup maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp Tetley Lemon Green tea (2 tea bags steeped with 1 tbsp boiling water)
Pinch of salt
· Prepare a rectangular, heat-proof tray by lining it with parchment paper. You may grease it with coconut oil. Keep another big piece of parchment paper ready - this will be used to lay over the mixture and press down to even out the snack bars.
· Dry roast the nuts, oats and the seed mix separately. Then place them to cool in a big, heat-proof bowl. Add dry cranberries and mix to distribute them evenly. Set aside while you prepare the liquid mixture.
· In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the honey, maple syrup, Tetley Lemon Green tea (steep the tea, strain it pressing on the tea bags to get all the flavour, then use the strained 1 tbsp tea extract) and salt. Bring to a boil. Continue boiling until the syrup reaches 126°C (hard ball stage) on a candy thermometer.
· Carefully remove the hot maple syrup mixture from heat and pour it straight over the prepared oats and nuts mixture. Working quickly, mix everything together and coat evenly. Transfer the mixture in to the prepared tray and even it out. Place another piece of parchment paper over it and use a flat-bottomed glass or bowl to press down and even out the snack bars.
· Let it set overnight or at least 4 to 5 hours. Remove from the tray over a chopping board and carefully slice them into desired sizes. Press down firmly to get neat cuts.
· Store these wrapped individually in parchment paper at room temperature.
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for more Recipes
CLICK HERE for more Food & Beverages
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends
Keep up to date with all that is happening in South Africa
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Weekly Digital Advert Only Pamphlet
Follow @ilovezacom on