Philicity Reeken’s Be My Valentine Pasta
One dish that never fails Philicity, is what she has dubbed her ‘Be My Valentine’ pasta – a delicious and creamy chicken pasta dish that is both easy to make and is bound to impress your date this month of love. To Read more, CLICK HERE.
Image taken from Philicity Reeken's video on YouTube
'Be My Valentine' Pasta Recipe:
- 4 chicken thighs at room temperature
- 1 head of broccoli cut in medium pieces.
- A cup of sundried tomatoes
- 300ml of cream
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 packet of spaghetti
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- A splash of Apple Juice. * Halaal Substitute *
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- A handful of Parmesan cheese
1) Take out the chicken thighs from the fridge and let them warm up to room temperature before seasoning both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
2) Brown the chicken in a little bit of oil and remove from the pan.
3) In the same pan add the chopped onion, some fresh thyme and bay leaf to fry a little. Once the onion has become translucent, add in a drop of *Apple Juice* to deglaze the pan.
4) Add in the sundried tomatoes, garlic and broccoli and fry the vegetables before adding in the cream.
5) Add the chicken thighs back into the pan skin side up and add a little chicken stock if it looks a little dry.
6) Cook in the oven for 40 minutes at 160°.
7) For the pasta, boil your spaghetti and in a pot, add olive oil and fry one clove of garlic. Add the juice and zest of one lemon and some parmesan cheese before adding the al dente pasta to finish cooking in the sauce. Garnish with some parsley.
8) Once the chicken is cooked, garnish with some basil leaves and enjoy.