Recipe for Phutu with mince balls stew
Ingredients : (Serves 3 – 4)
2½ cups (600 ml) boiling water
1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
2½ cups (400 gram) Maize Meal
A knob of butter
· Pour boiling water and salt into the cooking pot. Bring to boil.
· Add the White Star maize meal to the boiling water.
· Close the lid, without stirring.
· Reduce heat. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.
· Remove lid and stir well with a wooden spoon or preferably a large wooden kitchen fork.
· Reduce heat and steam for about half an hour
· Fluff with a fork or wooden spoon a few times during cooking
· Serve as soon as done cooking