Healthy Almond and Oat Muffins by A Tale of Sauce and Spice
Recipe: 𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝑨𝒍𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑶𝒂𝒕 𝑴𝒖𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒔
2 large, free-range eggs
¾ cup coconut palm sugar
½ cup Greek yoghurt
¼ cup coconut milk (infused with Tetley Apple Green tea)
⅓ cup coconut oil
1½ cups almond flour
½ cup oats flour
Pinch of salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
¾ cup berries of choice (raspberries/blueberries)
Be an Anonymous Angel, donate HERE
· Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
· In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and coconut palm sugar using an electric beater on high speed for 5 minutes until it’s light and fluffy.
· Heat the coconut milk with 2 Tetley Apple Green tea bags on stove top until it’s hot but not boiling. Let it steep until it cools to room temperature. Thereafter strain the Tetley Apple Green tea-infused coconut milk using a tea strainer into the egg mixture, pressing down on the tea bags.
· Add in the Greek yoghurt along with the coconut oil and pinch of salt. Mix until combined.
· In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, oats flour and the baking powder until nicely incorporated.
· Gradually fold the flour mixture in to the egg mixture in 3 batches. Add the lemon juice and zest as well and berries of choice, folding gently until well incorporated. Do not overmix or the muffins will end up dense.
· Divide the batter equally between the cupcake liners using a trigger release ice cream scoop (this is the easiest way to get equal portions). You may top the muffins with slivered almonds.
· Bake at 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes until golden or until a toothpick comes out clean.
· Let them cool to room temperature on a wired rack before serving.
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for more Recipes
CLICK HERE for more Food & Beverages
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends
Keep up to date with all that is happening in South Africa
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Subscribe to our Weekly Digital Advert Only Pamphlet
Follow @ilovezacom on