- 400g mash potato
- 300g flour
- ½tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¼tsp fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ onions diced
- 30g Butter
- 300ml cream
- 50g Parmesan cheese grated
- 1tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Combine the mash, flour, eggs, mixed herbs, thyme and season to taste.
- Use a teaspoon measure to scoop the mixture and squeeze them till they are flat and flat in shape.
- Place on a tray and freeze.
- Once frozen, cook the gnocchi into salted boiling water for about 3 min or until they just begin to float.
- In the meantime make the sauce by sautéing the onions the onions and garlic in the butter on medium heat.
- Add the cream and turn the heat up to max.
- Once the cream begins to simmer, pour in the gnocchi.
- Reduce the heat to a medium low temperature.
- Sprinkle the cheese and allow the sauce to thicken stirring from time to time.
- Just before the sauce is ready, sprinkle generously with chopped parsley.
- Season to taste
- Serves 4