Enjoy this delightful Heritage Day inspired Recipe for Cornbread
White Star Cornbread
Image Supplied by White Star
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for baking dish
1 cup cornmeal
¾ cup White Star Maize Meal
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups buttermilk
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8-inch baking dish.
· Take a large bowl & mix together the cornmeal, White Star Maize Meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
· In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, buttermilk, and butter.
· Pour the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture and fold together until there are no dry spots (the batter will still be lumpy).
· Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
· Bake until the top is golden brown and tester inserted into the middle of the cornbread comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
· Remove the cornbread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.