Rooibos-infused vanilla ice-cream by Lebo and Tebo Ndala
Recipe for rooibos-infused vanilla ice-cream
Image supplied by Laager Rooibos
1 ¼ cup milk
5 Tbls Laager Rooibos loose tea leaves (cut open teabags and empty out leaves, discard bags)
½ cup castor sugar
2 Tbls vanilla paste
2 cups cream
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to the boil and turn off heat.
- Add the tea leaves and allow to infuse for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy, add the vanilla paste and beat till well combined.
- Add just one cup of the cooled milk tea to the egg mixture as well as the cream and briefly mix.
- Run mixture through an ice-cream maker according to instructions. If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, beat the cream until stiff, fold in the egg mixture and the milk. Make sure to not beat the air out.
- Pour mixture into a plastic freezer bowl and freeze for about 6-8 hours. Mix the ice-cream every 1 ½ hours.