Recipe for Saroli, sarole, sarawle, saravle, serola...
For more insight into Saroli, click here .
Recipe for the Sweet Version:
2 cups Saroli
1 cup sugar
100g butter (some use ghee)
1 stick cinnamon
2 cardamom pods (elaichi)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
4 cups boiling water
(some recipes call for 1/2 cup milk)
Optional: nuts, poppy seeds, coconut milk
Egg (if you're adding this to the dish)
Be an Anonymous Angel, donate HERE
1. Place butter (or ghee) in a pot to melt
2. Throw in cinnamon sticks and cardamom (elaichi) pods
3. Add the saroli to braise until it changes colour
4. Once it turns golden brown, add the water and allow the saroli to get soft
5. If you're adding milk to the dish, then pour in at this point.
6. Add the sugar and allow it to get absorbed in the dish, then add the cardamom powder
7. Let the dish steam on low heat. If you're using coconut milk, then add it in this step.
8. Thereafter, sprinkle with nuts of your choice and poppy seeds. You can also top it with fried eggs or boiled eggs at this point.
iloveza.com is an award-winning Digital Media, Marketing, and Advertising Company (with Influence) est. 2015, with a global reach of over 1 million
E-mail email@example.com to take your brand/business to the next level
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for the latest Food & Beverages
CLICK HERE for more Recipes
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends
Nabihah Plaatjes is the Co-Founder of iloveza.com.
She is an Award-Winning Entrepreneur, Change Agent, Published Contributing Author, Journalist, Marketing and Social Media Specialist, a Bachelor of Arts graduate, and has been writing since the age of 9.
Nabihah is passionate about Brand Awareness and Brand Loyalty and uses her knowledge in these fields together with her copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills to bring brands to life.
iloveza.com is a primary example of how she can build your brand.
Find her at: Instagram: @nabihah_dp / @ilovezacom Twitter: @nabihahd / @ilovezacom Facebook: iloveza.com LinkedIn: Nabihah Plaatjes / iloveza.com YouTube: iloveza.com SoundCloud: iloveza.com TikTok: @ilovezacom E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org