Tetley Black Bubble Tea by Mbali Mapholi
Recipe for Tetley Black Bubble Tea
4 Tetley Premium Blend tea bags
1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca pearls
1/4 cup of milk of choice
3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a medium pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add in the tea bags and steep until the water cools completely.
- Meanwhile, cook the tapioca pearls according to the package, or the directions below.
- Drain the tea into a pitcher. Divide the cooked tapioca pearls into 2 large glasses.
- Add a few ice cubes to each glass. Pour 1 cup of the tea into each glass. Add ½ cup milk and 2-3 teaspoons of brown sugar into each glass.
- Stir and taste the bubble milk tea. Add more milk or sugar as needed to taste.
How to Cook Tapioca Pearls
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Slowly add in the tapioca pearls. Give the water a gentle stir so that the pearls do not stick to each other.
- Let the water boil for a minute. Cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the tapioca pearls for 5 minutes or according to the instructions on the packet.
- Turn off the heat and leave the tapioca pearls covered for a few minutes.
- Drain the hot water and rinse the tapioca pearls in cold water for a little bit.
- Drain the cold water and transfer the pearls to a container.