Recipe: WHIPPED BRIE WITH CARAMELIZED PEAR AND APPLE SALAD WITH STRAWBERRY CONSOMMÉ by the culinary artists at Granny Mouse Country House & Spa
Image supplied by Granny Mouse Country House & Spa
Ingredients: Whipped Brie with caramelized pear and apple salad
Be an Anonymous Angel, donate HERE
- 125g brie cheese, rind cut off
- 125ml fresh cream
- ½ a pear, peeled and de-seeded
- 1 x apple, diced fresh
- 50g granulated white sugar
- 50g butter (must be butter)
- 1x punnet strawberries, sliced
- 40g castor sugar
- 20g rocket or hand torn butter lettuce
Method: For the consommé
- Place a pot on the stove filled half way with water and bring to a boil.
- Place strawberry slices with castor sugar into a pan that will be large enough to fit comfortably onto the pot, wrap the entire pan in plastic wrap to form a tight seal.
- Place on top of boiled pot and allow steaming until the colour has left the strawberries and a bright red liquid has formed.
- Remove from heat and set aside and allow to cool.
- Once cooled strain through a fine sieve and keep the liquid - do not squeeze the strawberries
- The liquid should be clear and bright red.
- You can also use frozen strawberries.
Method: For the whipped brie cheese
- Chop up brie into small pieces.
- Add the cream.
- Using a paddle attachment on a mixer whip on medium speed until combined - don’t worry if there are lumps.
- Push mixture through a fine mesh sieve so that the mixture will be smooth.
- Season to taste, cover and set aside.
Method: For the caramelized pears
- Melt butter in a pan on low heat - do not allow the butter to change colour.
- Add the sugar and combine with butter.
- Add the pear wedges and toss to coat evenly.
- Increase the heat to medium.
- Pay very close attention as the sugar turns to caramel, DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED.
- Once caramelized remove from heat and remove pears immediately.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
For serving: Whipped Brie with caramelized pear and apple salad
- Pour the consommé onto the plate first and plate everything else on top as desired.
- Finish with the freshly diced apple.
Like What You've Read ? Be an Anonymous Angel
CLICK HERE for more Recipes
CLICK HERE for more Food & Beverages
CLICK HERE for the latest News & Trends