Recipe: With Love from Twins bread dough recipe
You can make as much bread dough as you please and leave it in the fridge. With bread dough you can make bread, steamed dumpling, fatcakes (amagwinya), or roll it out thinly to make a pizza base.
4-6 cups flour
1 packet yeast
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup lukewarm water
2 cups lukewarm milk
2 tbsp olive oil
*add more liquid if needed
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a jug, mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Slowly mix in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. It must form a soft dough.
- Add more or less liquid if needed.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a slightly oiled glass bowl. Cover with cling wrap. Leave to rise for about an hour.
- Once risen, knock it down and shape into a desired bread shape.
- Leave to ride again for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.